posted on March 26, 2023
Calgary, Alberta – Head Office
About the Company & Position
Founded in 1966, Engineered Air is a custom manufacturer of industrial heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) equipment. The company has experienced consistent growth and expansion throughout Canada and the United States. Since 2008, Engineered Air has been recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies and currently holds Platinum status. Our employees enjoy an on-site fitness facility, gymnasium, and free parking.
Engineered Air is searching for a Buyer to join the team within a fast paced environment. We are a manufacturer of custom HVAC equipment with offices across North America. Engineered Air offers remuneration packages that include industry competitive salary and benefits. This position is situated out of our Calgary Head Office and reports to the Purchasing Manager.
• Prepare purchase orders or bid requests for stock, non-stock or custom order products.
• Research and place special orders as needed with vendors.
• Follow up on overdue purchase orders or requests for more information as needed.
• Review purchase requisitions for accuracy and completeness.
• Discuss defective or unacceptable goods or services with internal and external stakeholders to determine issue and take corrective action.
• Support colleagues in the delivery of goods.
• Approve invoices for payment.
Experience and Qualifications Required
• Up to 5 years of progressive purchasing experience.
• Knowledge of purchasing and inventory functions for a manufacturing company is an asset.
• Excellent verbal and written communication.
• The ability to travel to various locations in the US and Canada.
• SCMA designation would be considered an asset.
• Certification in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) would be considered an asset.
• Excellent problem solving, research and analytical skills.
• Cope well under pressure; meet multiple deadlines in a fast-paced growing organization.
• Have the ability to build and maintain relationships with internal and external clients.
• Proven negotiation skills with vendors and service providers is an asset.
• Great attention to detail and the ability to maintain a high level of accuracy.
• Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Excel, MS Office, as well as the ability to learn new computer applications as required.
Engineered Air is recognized as a leader in providing extended employee training. As a new employee you commence a training program, depending on experience and ability, that will be up to two years in length. This program allows you to rotate throughout our company in a variety of challenging manufacturing and design assignments. Ongoing classroom instruction and evaluation is available through in house training sessions and supervisor approved courses provided by local technical schools. This integrated training allows for a hands on approach to preparing yourself for a successful career with Engineered Air. A career that will allow you to be an integral part of a design, manufacturing, technical service or sales team, consistent with your interests and our corporate goals.